How many vectrix reached 30.000km?

224 posts / 0 new
Last post
just_looking
Re: How many vectrix reached 30.000km?

AndY1

So you have nothing that you can convince me with that makes any good sense, is it any wonder the majority of people don't like electric vehicles with an attitude like yours.

You are great ambassador for electric bikes.

So everyone that don't agree with you is talking $hit, ok that has really made me want to go and test ride one now yeh right.

If you can't convince someone swear at them.

Very nice.

just_looking

myvectrix2008

Actually no I have not, I have been convinced that they are worth a test ride, however I am convinced they are very poorly made and that they don't live up to their hype.

I am also convinced that it is still some way off before they would be a good alternative to a proper motorcycle.

And I'm also convinced that if people that own them are that convinced that their V is so good they would not resort to foul mouthed language to someone that is struggling to find the positives with such a vehicle.

You have to remember I already have a perfectly good and reliable motorcycle and i also drive cars even though i don't like them, but have been an avid supporter of the electric vehicle, but I don't consider the V ready as a replacement for anything as it stands except adults toys.

however on another thread i noticed there is a new one coming out soon which is already on the market in spain which promisses a lot more.

But with such a bad name i wonder if many will bother.

robert93
robert93's picture

This thread was a simple "data gathering question", (see name) NOT "what the blazes is wrong with the vectrix, and why should(n't) I buy one", this is blatant hijacking, trolling, rhetorical babble! PLEASE DONT FEED THE TROLL!

snail

@ Just_Looking: I was going to suggest that you could make contact with a local owner, so you could see and feel how good the V really is, warts and all. However, it looks like you've alienated everyone on this forum with your complete inability to listen to the plus sides of ownership, so much so that I seriously doubt anyone would give you the time of day. Your loss...

Yes, the V is very much a work in progress. But without the early adopters that fill these pages with observations, help, advice and hints, development of the next generation of EV would never happen. I'd suggest you wait until one of the big 4 release an EV motorcycle, then make the leap. Let the rest of us be the guinea pigs and enjoy our V's in peace, you could be waiting a while for your - erm - extensive demands.

Let's end this detour from the original thread... You've seen nothing to change your mind. Despite all the attempts to tell you, you have persisted with your narrow minded rhetoric about your perceived downsides of V ownership. Vectrix ownership for me has never been about demanding absolute reliability, even though I have been quite lucky in that respect. It's far more than that - I'm sorry (for you) that you have singularly failed to grasp that concept.

Brian

R
R's picture

This last comments really have a point. J_L's comments are interesting (I must confess I enjoyed this discussion!), but it completely breaks the post...
maybe this post should be splitted into two...
If everybody agrees I'll ask the administrator to divide it.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

AndY1

So you have nothing that you can convince me with that makes any good sense, is it any wonder the majority of people don't like electric vehicles with an attitude like yours.

You are great ambassador for electric bikes.

So everyone that don't agree with you is talking $hit, ok that has really made me want to go and test ride one now yeh right.

If you can't convince someone swear at them.

Very nice.

I'm not trying to convince you and I have never tried. Why would I? Do you think we're here to convince you and other people?

As someone else said: 'Move on!'. There's nothing for you here.

Every day I'm looking at this thread trying to find new information. All I get is your everyday whining.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

You have to remember I already have a perfectly good and reliable motorcycle and i also drive cars even though i don't like them, but have been an avid supporter of the electric vehicle, but I don't consider the V ready as a replacement for anything as it stands except adults toys.

however on another thread i noticed there is a new one coming out soon which is already on the market in spain which promisses a lot more.

But with such a bad name i wonder if many will bother.

Then WTF are you still doing here? You're not ready. Bye!

Aircon

Just looking, I'm not fond of dogs but I don't spend my time on forums dedicated to dogs, asking people why on earth they are wasting their time and money with such a bore a dog is.
It is obvious you are not ready to own a Vectrix and that it doesn't match your needs.

So please let this forum go back to its purpose : exchange and help among the Vectrix (happy) owners community. Go and buy a noisy, vibrating and smoking 125cc if its your choice. We have choosen another road and we don't have to argue or justify it.

lol.....great post. sums it up perfectly. I noted his absurd response.

Aircon

How about you stop wasting this forum's energy and leave this thread!

why just this thread?

Aircon

This thread was a simple "data gathering question", (see name) NOT "what the blazes is wrong with the vectrix, and why should(n't) I buy one", this is blatant hijacking, trolling, rhetorical babble! PLEASE DONT FEED THE TROLL!

post of the week. hits the nail on the head. Justlooking is Juststirring or unbelievably dumb (or both)

I've never EVER put anyone on ignore on a forum before this. I don't care if someone doesn't like something I own, but to read the repetitious BS post after post has become too tedious for me.

just_looking

snail

it looks like you've alienated everyone on this forum with your complete inability to listen to the plus sides of ownership

Well if that is the case it was not my intention, but I just tell it like i see it, I will test one, so fortunately it's not about popularity with regard to a machine, and let's not forget that is what we are talking about a machine, they are made supposedly to help reduce pollution and all the other things it claims to do, but clearly it doesn't do them.

It's not my fault they can't deliver the product and yes it is a work in progress, but as they build a bad name other companies will simply take their customers becuase they may well listen to what people are saying to them about their vehicle.

just_looking

robert93

You are wrong, I had no intension of hijacking the thread, however I don't think anyone has been able to provide good reasons to make the huge investment needed to purchas one.

And the main question was about range, considering only one has potentially been able to reach that magic number, which i might add is a long way short of the official stated mark on the original battery the thread just seemed to progress.

I have tried to keep my remarks related to the range issue, but some posters claim their bike can do then when they tell it like it is their bike can't do.

just_looking

AndY1

I'm not trying to convince you and I have never tried. Why would I? Do you think we're here to convince you and other people?

As someone else said: 'Move on!'. There's nothing for you here.

Every day I'm looking at this thread trying to find new information. All I get is your everyday whining.

I just wonder is this a vectrix owner thing, is it that some are gluttons for punishment, if I don’t like something I avoid it, I don’t go looking for it just to slag someone off about it.

Surely you are confused, either you like discussing this stuff with me or you wouldn’t bother, isn’t that the way it works.

There are many other threads to swear at people on in this board but you choose to come and swear at me.

I suspect you really enjoy it but feel a bit like one of those people that feel you really shouldn’t be doing it and that you are doing something wrong by discussing this with me.

Let me assure you, it’s natural you have nothing to be ashamed of.

My points are justified, if I were a troll I would produce null points which did not make sense.

If vectrix are to succeed above the pretenders, they will need to listen to not only their existing customers but potential customers, and also provide a good reason for existing customers to remain loyal over the pretenders product, which seems extremely similar.

just_looking

Aircon

I think that perhaps you are looking at it short-sightedly, if you don’t question the sanity of people that throw money away even though it is their own money then you never get a handle on what is the appeal.

Some people give it to charity, some buy expensive toys, but the electric vehicle campaign tends to be about saving the planet, reducing co2 and all the other stuff associated to driving.

The trouble is the vectrix though a nice looking bike falls a long way short of the mark.

And one of the big problems is its unreliability of the battery.

Batteries are notoriously harmful to the environment unless 100% recyclable, some of the products used in batteries are so dangerous that people die from the residues they inhale while mining them, but all these things are ignored in the name of saving the planet.

So here you have a battery which is clearly not fit for use, and probably hasn’t been recycled fully.

But the vectrix company should learn many lessons hopefully from their early products, but they don’t seem to be, because the product is still being produced with dodgy batteries, now there is another company bringing out a bike that looks similar that appears to have listened to what some of the early owners have said.

A bigger motor a better battery and a reported better range and speed, if the quality of build is good then we could be seeing the end of vectrix, if this product is not the latest version of the V.

Now you can ignore me but you can’t ignore the facts.

R
R's picture

however I don't think anyone has been able to provide good reasons .

J_L, this is your particular point of view. In my opinion, many good reasons have been explained here, but you insist on evaluating a vectrix purchase solely on money parameters.

Let's imagine you want a Ferrari. You dive inside a ferrari forum asking why they made the huge investment needed to purchas one. You outline that a simple oil replacement requires a fortune!! It has a poor fuel economy, range is very low! It is not comfortable and smooth to drive... And then you outline that a car like Tata indica is so cheap to purchase , soo inexpensive to run compared to a ferrari.. and it has better mileage! And superb range!
They answer OK, a ferrari is not for you, buy the indica. Then you keep on saying that the ferrari is so expensive, that nobody can't provide you with good monetary reasons to buy it. They tell yo again. Ok, you don't understand , You're not ready to own it. Test it if you want, but don't buy it.

Got it?

just_looking

R

Good call it does break the post.

As I keep saying I like vectrix especially their sports bike design but if they keep going the way they are I really do wonder if we will ever see it on the market working properly.

If any company is going to use the public as their testing ground they have to provide the type of supports needed for the pioneers.

Microsoft realised this and provide free undates, people get unhappy with them but keep going back to them becuase they produce the goods.

Will people go back to Vectrix i wonder, many people buy motorcycles, many would like an electric bike but they need reliability and confidence in the products they buy.

Prius sales may have suffered due to the problem with their brakes but some confidence was restored by the recall and manufacturer promises to their customers.

just_looking

R

Yes I understand your point, and I am not only basing my points on financial argument.

The V in terms of cars is like the larda which most purchase due to financial concerns.

If money is no concern then i can see people purchasing the V as an oddity, however the market they seem to be targeting suggests that most of the people they are aiming the bike for would have financial concerns.

But yes i take your point.

I'm looking to test ride one some time over the next month.

R
R's picture

I'm looking to test ride one some time over the next month.

That will honor all the posts made here.
I'll be looking forward to read about your experiences riding a Vectrix (with 110 km/h FW!)
sparker

I feel offended about having my sanity questioned! I bought the Vectrix because I thought it was a cool gadget. It also performs a useful function of getting me to and from work. How does that make me insane?

With regards to a previous comment about a company having to support a product even if they stopped selling it - fine BUT THEY WENT BUST. Different set of circumstances altogether.

This is my last post in reply to just_looking - I did offer you a test ride on my V, which you have declined to comment on, so I'll assume that you don't want to because you're not really considering buying one so will rescind the offer. Also, I did ask about your average daily riding profile to see if it would fit into the electric capability - note that I'm not specifically mentioning Vectrix here - and again you have declined to comment. Whatever is posted now I'll assume that it most probably does and that is the reason for not answering.

The initial enquiries made seemed genuine but have since descended into Vectrix and Vectrix owner bashing. There is a lot of goodwill among OWNERS here, and a lot of excellent info and support. Please don't respond to that comment by dishing out another - 'that should be the responsibility of Vectrix' line. Yes it should BUT they went bust and are still attempting to re-establish themselves. Hardly an ideal situation but that's the way it is. At least they stuck their necks out and brought a product to market, unlike the large auto makers. Yes it is flawed but even so the majority on here bought into it knowing this.

Electric transport is too radical a concept for you - it's too much of a break from your justifications of purchasing ICE bikes, e.g. continuous high speed, long distance between fuel stops etc., even if you don't actually need to do that on a daily basis. If I thought like that I'd go buy a diesel car to keep on my drive, just in case I NEEDED to travel 500 miles before refuelling once a year. I don't, but you never know....

Once again, I think my Vectrix is cool, reliable and it works for me. Have a nice life.

just_looking

sparker

I feel offended about having my sanity questioned! I bought the Vectrix because I thought it was a cool gadget. It also performs a useful function of getting me to and from work. How does that make me insane?

Cool gadget yes I agree, useful function yes I agree, based on what you have said nothing.

However unless you are wealthy you could have done the same thing for much less money and much more fun, and there are some pretty cool gadgety type motorcycles out there, and basing it on what you said your avarage distance of travel was you could have purchased a top of the range electric cycle saving around £5000 plus a saving of insurence and MOTs and it would probably have been more reliable and if you went for one as demonstrated on the gadget show by the looks of things may well have been happy with that also.

As for the company going bust, I could be mistaken but even if a company goes bust the vendor is responsible for the equpment they sell whether the manufacturer goes bust or not.

I think it is something to do with the contract being with the vendor not the manufactorer, so if the machine fails they either have to replace it with an alternative of equivalent value or provide a refund minuse any wear and tear of course, there maybe clauses within the contract dealing with failed manufacturers i'm not sure.

I did offer you a test ride on my V, which you have declined to comment on

Yes you did but unfortunately you live a long way from me so it would not be a fair test ride for the V.

As for the avarage riding profile, i answered your question to the full.

The initial enquiries made seemed genuine but have since descended into Vectrix and Vectrix owner bashing.

Well it was not meant to be that at all, I suppose that is the trouble with a text based comunication, it can get confusing and missunderstood.

At least they stuck their necks out and brought a product to market, unlike the large auto makers. Yes it is flawed but even so the majority on here bought into it knowing this.

I agree they did stick their neck out, but rather than using their head to ensure their neck wasn't going to be chopped off they buried it in the sand.

A simple thought, a company in the USA brings out a prototype to the general market, the software is a bit naf and so on, why didn't they enable the software to be upgradable via a down load so anyone could do it, why didn't they provide DIY updating kits, so anyone could do it, and why didn't they produce a web book for owners to access even for second hand users with all the updated faults and fixes as they discovered them, how long would it have taken them to produce such a book as they went along?

One of the biggest problems for any machine is fault finding and solutions once fault is found, why did they not provide this info to those wishing to have a go for themselves?

These things may have made the experience much more paletable for any would be purchaser of a prototype.

I truly like the way the bike looks, i also very much like the idea of electric bikes I especially was ultra keen on purchasing a V some 2/3 years ago and which i had waited some time before that while i awaited their launch, but first it put me off because they were going to use lead acid bats, then i was dubias about the nmh bats and then there was the poor comuncations i noted from the outset.

Your last part about the 500 miles is a good point, and if it were not for traffic issues I might well be inclinded to do that, except i just don't like cars and would prefer if a main bike manufacturer produced a good diesel bike, that way i would get best of both worlds.

But a fare point you have made.

As you have decided to exclude yourself from the discussion i would like to take this oppertunity to acknowledge your contributions to my inquiries even though it was not my posting.

sparker

Darn you just_looking, now I have to reply!

Point 1: I am wealthy. Enlighten me how I could do it with more fun. Bear in mind that I have no interest in owning a petrol bike - that's not a 'cool' gadget to me.

Point 2: I have a close friend who bought an electric pedal bike. It cost him £1850 and it wasn't a high end one. I paid £5300 for my V OTR. That saving is only £2865 from the purchase price - you're way out. Insurance is £150 a year - not a huge expenditure.

Point 3: My journey is on unlit country roads. Only an idiot with a death wish would go along them in winter at 15mph with a bike headlight to guide the way, even a super powerful one. By law, the UK restricts these to 15mph.

Point 4: I bought my V direct from Vectrix - they were both vendor and manufacturer.

Point 5: Call me selfish, but I was hoping that YOU would make the effort to travel to me for a test ride - it's 70 miles, surely with your super long range petrol bike you could cover that in no time.

Point 6: I have absolutely no wish to plug my bike into a computer and start to download updates to it - I'm not technical in the slightest. Many others on this forum are but that's not for me. I just want to ride it, which I do.

just_looking

sparker

Point 1: well if your not interested in a petrol bike your choice is limited but there is the A2B which is around £2000 it has a button to make it go 20 mph.

Point 2: I addressed this in point 1.

Point 3: unfortunately yes, there is no physical reason why they should only go 15 but legal reason but at least you could take it off road.

Point 4: But most didn’t.

Point 5: yes you are right I could but it would not be a fair comparison as I would be looking for a similar performance from the V to that which I had just got off. I will test one I’m in the process of trying to locate a shop that may have one, if I like it I may purchase it, I’m not rich but I’m a bit of a sucker for lost causes.

Point 6: you may not but many motorcyclists do, so much so that every bike comes with a handy little tool kit for running repairs, for those miner issues like the occasional loose nut.

Most of the updates and repairs to the V could probably be performed by a mobile unit either by a well equiped motorcycle or van by a trained machanic if V provided DIY kits.

Nowadays many of the vehicles on the road have people work on them that are not specialised in their vehicle, modern vehicles are highly technical so they often have to refer to the service manual in order to complete the work, so just about anyone can work on them if they have the right tools and know how to use them, it could be the same for the V.

just_looking

Actually I lie I would not purchase it as I don't have the space at present and I would not get rid of my other bike.

Aircon

Actually I lie I would not purchase it as I don't have the space at present and I would not get rid of my other bike.

that's a relief for all of us.

Aircon

Prius sales may have suffered due to the problem with their brakes but some confidence was restored by the recall and manufacturer promises to their customers.

I think I've worked out the root of the problem. The old saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

So tell us, what exactly is this "problem" with prius brakes you're referring to?

Sounds to me like you have as much knowledge about that as you do Vectrix.

just_looking

Aircon

Ok well apparently it was a problem with the regenerative braking and the ABS.

The recall cost the company £1.23bn including loss of sales.

It was plastered all over the TV about the prius and people were warned to take extra care in case their car had one of the faulty systems.

And the company said, they expected growing sale despite the issue with the prius, which just goes to show that they restored confidence in the company name by doing the right thing quickly.

R
R's picture

Just_looking, have a look at this post:
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/10019-uk-has-new-importer

Steve Scott

I probably see more Vectrix than most people and can say that I have customers with high mileages .
The highest that i have at the moment is 25000 Miles but have a few over 18000 Miles.
The Higher mileage bikes are used every day on original batteries.
These guys ride to the red light both ends of the journey so are effectivly getting to full charges a day.

Steve Scott

R
R's picture

The highest that i have at the moment is 25000 Miles but have a few over 18000 Miles.
The Higher mileage bikes are used every day on original batteries.
These guys ride to the red light both ends of the journey so are effectivly getting to full charges a day.

Incredible! 25.000 miles on one single pack!
In spain this driving pattern damages the batteries. Maybe the UK's cool weather help in extending the bats lifes?
antiscab

perhaps its also because it is done everyday from new, meaning the cells have significant balancing Ah per day and little chance to get out of balance.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07